Tuesday, August 18, 2009

baby food

I lately have been really really bad at updating. (as you can tell)

Although, I did take on working more than usual, filling in for everyone else that's going on vacation!! Oh wait..I get a vacation every 4 days to spend at home! Seems I been in the kitchen the last few days 24\7. I took on the task of making my own baby food.. What a big but fun task (and rewarding) task it was. First, started out getting some zucchini and green beans from the neighbor next door from their garden. Figured I'd steam them up and puree and see what happens. Worked great!! So, went to the store few days later and raided the produce section and got lots and lots of fruits and veggies. We have now approximately 8 gallon bags of frozen baby food. All cubed up and ready to be eaten!! Simon loves them all. We have tried everything so I'm happy!!! Also figured up, I saved around half making my own rather than buying jar after jar...

Success!!!!!!!! :) I'll post some pics of my process soon & my FULL freezer!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are making your little Simon's food - I did this with Laila and she turned out to be a fab little eater. I highly recommend The Blender Baby Food Book by Nicole Young - She provides tons of great, easy and really good tasting recipes for little ones. Actually there are quite a few I make for the whole family to eat !

    Here the link http://www.amazon.com/Blender-Baby-Food-Recipes-Homemade/dp/0778801187

    ReplyDelete