Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Activities

I am always on the lookout for activities that is relativity cheap or use things we already have on hand. Here are a couple of them that we have done recently:

Sidewalk paint: 1\4 cup water, 1/4 cup cornstarch. Mix. Add in food coloring and booyah! Was easy to clean up after especially after Simon painted his sandals. It washed off the sidewalk after the rain too. Simon loved it!


Ice Boats:
Trim a straw so it fits in the bottom of a cup, tape it so the bendable part of the straw is at the bottom. Fill up with about a cup of water. Freeze. Add a sail and pop em out and stick in a bowl or sink full of water and have fun!! I think the next time I would spread a towel out of the floor and let him play inside. They melted pretty quickly outside but Simon enjoyed em before the fun melted away!!




I got a few more up my sleeve so I'll post after we try them out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment